Boyne Dental Latest News
With the introduction of Invisalign over 20 years ago, more and more adults have been seeking orthodontic treatment in order to straighten their teeth. Invisalign offers a way back to the perfect smile, without drawing attention to your teeth. Why now and why Invisalign? Invisalign are part of the ‘brace family’ though they are not a fixed appliance…. They’re also transparent and barely visible. If you’re really worried about standing out from the crowd, you needn’t be, as Invisalign’s design is centred around their subtlety.
- Remove the appliance – Invisalign are essentially a set of retainers that you wear behind your teeth. You wear each one for 2 weeks at a time and remove them yourself at home, unlike fixed braces which you wear right through for between 18-24 months. Invisalign make it easy to eat and clean your brace.
- Undergo a faster treatment – Treatment achieves results in half the time that fixed braces take (though unfortunately Invisalign isn’t for everyone).
- Be more comfortable than you would be in traditional braces – With no brackets and sharp edges, Invisalign are far more comfortable to wear than fixed braces.
Invisalign puts some responsibility and control into the patient’s hands. As your orthodontist won’t constantly be looking over your shoulder and you don’t have the braces fixed to your teeth, it’s easy to stray off track by not wearing them, failing to clean them or forgetting to change them. To see progress and results, you must follow your dentist’s instructions.
Many celebrities have been used Invisalign to align their teeth, including names such as One Directions’s Niall Horan and actors Tom Cruise and Eva Longhoria – even wearing them on the red carpet!
Some facts & figures about Invisalign
- Invisalign was developed by two graduates of Stanford University in the USA in 1997.
- Invisalign was first sold to US orthodontists in 1999.
- Invisalign treatment is offered in more than 45 countries!
- Invisalign has helped 2.5 million people on their journey to a straighter smile!
- Invisalign has a 96% patient satisfaction rate!
- The average treatment time is 13 months.
- Other celebrities who have benefited from Invisalign treatment are Oprah Winfrey, Serna Williams, Khloe Kardashian and Katherine Heigal.