Nervous patients Overview
We understand that the fear that some people have of attending a dentist is real. Very often this fear stems from a past experience and avoidance may have built up even greater concerns. If this sounds like you, well you appear to have now decided that you want to take the next step in searching for a caring and sympathetic dentist who is right for you. If so, well done!
Anxieties and phobias can affect people of all ages and from all walks of life. You are not alone. Many of those who are apprehensive about attending a dentist will wait until they have a dental emergency before doing so. Planning and addressing your fears will make for a far more comfortable experience and minding your dental health early should reduce the need for more invasive treatments.
At Boyne Dental & Implant Clinic we are fortunate to have Dr Niall Neeson on our team, who has a genuine passion for the management of nervous patients. Even our most anxious patients have been won over by his successful mix of compassion, experience, training and painless technology – all in a relaxing, spacious environment at a pace that suits you.
Dr Neeson says “Every one of our patients is unique. Firstly, I simply take the time to find out exactly what their specific concerns or issues are. Often this can relate back to a previous bad experience at the dentist that can seem almost impossible to shake. For those affected by this very real fear, it is completely understandable when they have not been to see a dentist in many years. Inevitably this can lead to embarrassment or guilt. We can assure you that we will never ‘tell someone off’ for not seeing a dentist or judge them for the condition of their teeth or phobia.”
What we offer our Nervous Patients
- Pain control with gentle dental anesthesia during visits
- Use of The Wand, for needle phobic patients
- Dental anxiety reduction with behavioural therapy and Hypnosis
- Pre treatment relaxation with Alpha Stim
- Realistic treatment plans with time/action calendars based upon individual patient needs
- We provide emotional support before and after each appointment
- An environment that can cater for 98% of dental problems
- Dr Neeson devotes extra time to all patients on his Bespoke Comfort Care programme
- You will always be in control in the dental chair with a hand clicker to get Dr Neesons attention
Bespoke Comfort Care
“The aim of our bespoke service is to provide solutions. Discussing different techniques and options allow us to work together in overcoming that anxiety using whichever approach makes each specific person feel most comfortable. There is no part of my job that gives me more satisfaction than seeing someone conquer that sense of fear that has been suffocating them for years, allowing him or her to gradually reach that goal of a pain-free, healthy mouth and a confident smile.”