Six Month Smiles Overview
Here at Boyne Dental & Implant Clinic, we can provide you with the most up to date short-term orthodontic systems on the market. Dr. Eamon O’Reilly is your first port of call to help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted. Depending on your mouth and what suits your lifestyle best, we can offer you two orthodontic systems: Inman Aligner and Six Month Smiles. Prices start at €1,500 (usually €2,000) and your initial assessment is FREE (usually €150).
What are 6 Month Braces?
The average timeframe for wearing braces is 2-3 years but with recent advances in technology, you can now fix your teeth and achieve that perfect smile you’ve always dreamed of just 6 months.
6 month smiles (or 6 month braces) is a quick and effective alternative to conventional braces such as ‘train tracks’. This specific approach to braces only takes six months to straighten out your teeth and the best part is that this type of brace is clear. This may be most beneficial for adults who may be self-conscious and uncomfortable if they were to be seen with a mouth full of metal braces.
It is important to note that this method works for specific scenarios. It’s most effective for mild to moderate crowding that doesn’t require pulling of teeth to make space for others.
What are the Benefits?
In addition to having the ability to straighten your teeth in a comfortable and an inconspicuous way, 6 month smiles have the following benefits:
- Cost less: This is thanks to the different material that’s used in comparison to other types of braces and less dental visits are also required due to the timeframe.
- Short treatment period: You can have your teeth straightened in time for a specific, special event such as a wedding, even if it’s less than a year away.
- Less discomfort than those wearing conventional braces: The braces themselves are less uncomfortable when rubbing against the inside of your mouth. Because this method gently pushes teeth into position, it’s less painful than other procedures.
- Clear braces: This is one of the main advantages when it comes to 6 month braces, especially for adults. The clear braces and tooth-coloured wires make them more attractive for the wearer. You’ll be less self-conscious about your mouth during those six months than when you’re wearing traditional braces.
- Worthwhile investment: Straighter teeth are easier to maintain and keep clean meaning less visits to the dental hygienist.
More than enough reason to give them a try, right?
How Do They Work?
So, how is it possible that such huge changes can happen in only six months?
The important factor is that it’s used for certain scenarios such as mild to moderate crowding. For one thing, there’s no attempt to change your bite or move the back teeth. Only the front teeth are affected which requires a shorter timeframe than other procedures.
Secondly, it uses state of the art technology which makes the process very effective. The goal is to move your teeth safely but quicker than conventional braces do. For instance, the method is done with the help of low force wires instead of the high force type usually applied to ‘train tracks’.
Book Your Free Consultation Today!