Boyne Dental Latest News
Teeth whitening has become an increasingly popular procedure, restoring many patients’ confidence and dental health. Tooth whitening is not a one-time procedure if you want to maintain your new healthy-looking teeth, but the first treatment will certainly put you on the path to a better smile, ‘resetting’ the quality of your smile.
Why would I need teeth whitening?
- You have stained or discoloured teeth.
- Tackle the accumulation of plaque and tartar deposits.
- Look your best for a special event such as a wedding.
- Have more youthful-looking teeth.
-Reverse years of staining and yellowing.
-Benefit from a custom process.
What is involved in the process?
You will be invited to attend an initial consultation with one of our qualified cosmetic dentists here at Boyne. You will have the chance to ask any potential questions and your treatment plan will be suited to you and your needs. Once your needs have been addressed, you will need to return to us for your treatment. You will be sent for an appointment with our dental hygienist, who will scale and polish your teeth – this means a deep clean to remove any plaque and tartar staining your teeth. Your dentist will take impressions of your teeth so that your custom whitening trays can be made to be an exact fit for your teeth. Once these have been created, the whitening agent can be safely applied to your teeth (you will be able to choose the shade of the whitening agent with your dentist beforehand).
What are the benefits of teeth whitening?
- Render your teeth healthy and bacteria-free. The build-up of plaque and tartar suffocates the enamel on your teeth (the protective coating). When the dental hygienist removes this, your teeth can breathe again and are less susceptible to tooth decay and gum disease.
- Restore confidence in yourself and your smile.
- Put yourself on a new path to healthy teeth, starting anew. You will be given more custom whitening trays to take home at home so that you can continue the treatment.
Please note that this procedure should always be carried out by a qualified dentist or doctor who have the relevant credentials. If you would like more information about teeth whitening or other cosmetic treatments, please do not hesitate to contact us here at Boyne.