Boyne Dental Latest News
Encouraging good oral hygiene is an important part of parenting, that heart melting smile needs taking care of, and initiating convocations and routines around teeth brushing from an early age will ensure your little ones continue to shine! Therefore, in spirit of communication, we have devised an idea to get you and your family talking about teeth.
Here are some points for you to share and discuss with your child. How many of them are a surprise to you also?
• Enamel is the hardest part of the human body: this shell which surrounds your teeth is pretty tough stuff, but factors such as diet or poor oral hygiene can lead to enamel erosion, the first sign of this can be a sensitivity to hot or cold.
• Most children will get their first teeth at around 6 months of age, however it has been known for babies to be born with a little pearl or two; some just can’t wait to flash their smiles.
• Adult humans have 32 teeth, can you count them?
• Children have around 20. Assuming the tooth fairy gives you 50p per healthy tooth, how much money will you have? What would you like to spend it on?
• Some of the first tooth brushes were made from cow hair.
• As well as brushing your teeth, it’s important to floss between them also. Flossing first before washing with toothpaste and cold water can help keep gums healthy.
• While fresh smoothies may seem good for you, the natural acids in fruit can be bad for your teeth. Take extra care when drinking them or consider swapping to water.
Do let us know how your discussions went via our facebook page where you can also find out more about our newest addition to our children’s book collection. Or why not give us a call to discuss any concerns you or your child may have
At Boyne Dental & ImplantClinic we are committed to providing you and your family with the highest standards of quality dental care at a fair and reasonable price.
Our dentists are highly qualified and regularly partake in continuous professional development so as to stay up to date with the most current and more importantly the best dental techniques.