Boyne Dental Latest News
Everyone wants to look young for longer. There is no question about that. Below are a few simple exercises that you can try fit into your day to day to help hold off on a few of those lines for a little bit longer.
Exercise 1 : Strengthen your Orbicularis Oris (The muscle that surrounds your lips.)
- Using your index fingers, hook the corners of your mouth and gently pull towards the sides.
- Don’t overdo the stretch.
- Hold this position for a few seconds. Now work on the opposite side.
- Draw the corners of your mouth toward each other, resisting the movement using your index fingers again.
- Relax and repeat the exercise 25 times.
The Orbiculais Oris muscle helps ensure that overlaying skin is adequately supported and this prevents sagging.
Exercise 2: Resistance Smiles
- This exercise is also a great cure for preventing laugh lines. Perform the exercise by placing your fingers firmly over your laugh lines.
- Proceed to smile as widely as you can with your lips separated.
- Hold this position for five seconds. Relax and repeat the exercise 30 times.
The exercise helps strengthen your cheek muscles and minimizes skin creases. It also helps lift skin, preventing further creases around the mouth.
Exercise 3: Thumbs next to eyes
- This exercise has been rated as one of the most effective. According to Carolyn’s Facial Fitness, placing your thumbs near your eye corners, with your fingers resting on the top of your head, helps visibly reduce laugh lines.
- To perform this exercise, close your eyes and slide your thumbs away from your eyes toward your temples.
- Hold this position for around 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
The exercise helps draw the corners of your eyes outward, which helps combat the effect that laughing causes; when your cheeks naturally push up and the skin around your eyes wrinkles.
When it comes to prevention of lines on the skin, the best port of call is always to be mindful of what goes atopically on the skin and also what your body takes in.
Drink plenty of water – The average person should drink 2.2 liters of water a day.
Avoid too much direct sunlight – Always stay protected with an appropriate SPF for your skin type.
Consumption of Omega-3 and Fatty Acids – Your skin needs specific nutrients in order to maintain a healthy balance and helps prevent any skin damage.